Sunday, April 21, 2013

Chapter 10- A Shoulder to Cry on









********************************************************


A while had passed and Aria still would not pick up my phone calls or return any form of messages to me. I was lost, so lost without my sister. It was hard to have four children whom I couldn't love with all of my heart. I was betrayed by Levi and Aria thought I slept with him on purpose. How my sister could think that was beyond me. When the lights had turned on at the party it took everything in me not to vomit when I saw it was not my English man whom I was expecting. I shook my head trying to rid the thoughts and images of that night that haunted me. 



"Mom, can you help me please?" James called out from the bedroom he shared with his brothers and sister. 
My eyes squeezed shut as I let out a heavy sigh. It was hard to face him, he looked so much like Levi I was half tempted at times to drop all four of them off on his door step and let him deal with it. Could I even trust him to?
"Be up in a second." I said as I stared at the pills on the ground before me. My hands shook when opening the bottle this morning causing them all to fall down. I swallowed one and stood to go help my son. My doctor had diagnosed me with postpartum depression. What was there to be depressed about? The fact that my sister hated me. Maybe the fact that I had kids I couldn't bear to look at. It could be the fact I was forced to have sex with someone against my own will. Depressed was a bit of an understatement. I was also pissed.




"Willow..." I said my voice soft as I did not know what her reaction to my call would be. I shut everyone out after the party; Carter was the only one I had any contact with. "How are you?"
"Mila! Wha-. How-. I am glad you called! I have been so worried about you that I am at the airport in Starlight Shores trying to get a taxi to get to your house. You fell off the map after that party." She said in her always caring nature. I did not mean to make her worry.

"You didn't have to do that." I replied starting to panic, the house was messy and I looked like a slob. Willow would know I was a mess, even if my house was spotless. 
"I will see you in 20." I heard her say on the other end of the line, the noise of the planes muffling her voice. Time to put on a happy face I guess.




I moved throughout the house shoving piles of trash and laundry into less noticeable places as I waited. The doorbell rang and I grabbed a mint as I went to answer it. 
"Willow!" I said trying to sound happy as I took her into a hug.
Returning my gesture she then followed me inside to the living room and had a seat. Taking a seat on the floor for myself I looked up at her. "How are you?" I asked knowing my voice sounded dull.

"Mila stop." Willow said looking down at me, worry on her face, "I know something is wrong and I want you to tell me what happened. You have not been your usual self in a while."




Tears stung my eyes as my favorite vampire friend looked at me. “You probably won’t believe me…” The look she shot me was compared to daggers coming out of her eyes. I knew I needed to just let her know what happened. I pulled myself up onto the couch.
“Remember that party a while back… I was planning on hooking up with that sexy English man and we were getting ready to head up to a room when the lights went out. We went up anyway and found an empty room and things got hot and heavy real quick.” I paused… how could I tell her this information. Aria did not believe me, what made me think Willow would. “Aria burst into the room right as the lights went on, which would have been fine except…” I paused. “Except that sexy English man was not the one in bed with me. It was Levi Smores.”
Tears were streaming down my face as I continued in a panic. “I had no idea he was in there, I was drunk and he made himself have an accent. I would never do that to Aria… nor would I ever sleep with Levi. I am disgusted. Aria thinks I did it on purpose. I didn't she ran away and left before she could see the truth. I punched Levi in the face, Carter saw me. He believes me. But what am I supposed to do… my sister hates me. She hates me Willow for something that was not even my fault.” My breathing became ragged and my voice hushed. 
“I was raped. And I think he did it as payback to her.” I said my voice hardly a whisper.




Willow was beside me in seconds, her hand resting on my back and telling me it would be okay. “I would rip Levi’s heart from his chest right now if I could. I am sure Aria will understand. I can keep trying to talk to her. She has not been answering my calls since then either but I will keep trying.”



After Willow left that night I pulled out my phone. I remembered meeting Logan Fey on numerous occasions and knew he was someone I could use as a challenge father. Finding his number I shot off a text 
-Hey Logan, it is Mila. I was wondering if you were up to being a challenge dad for me-
In no time I received a reply back
-Hey Mila, sure thing! If you were still planning on doing it through procedure you can go to the sperm bank in town. They can set you up with some of mine. I will give them a call in the morning and things will be good to go.-
Turning over to face the night stand I sent one last reply
-Thank you, that sounds great. I will head there tomorrow afternoon! Thank you again Logan!-



The next day I went to the sperm bank and had my procedure done. Soon enough I found out I was pregnant with triplets! My family continued to grow while my heart still sank. The hole in it from missing my sister only getting bigger.
***************************************************** 









1 comment: